Ramadan is the Islamic month of fasting. Eid is an Arabic word which means festivity and Fitr means “to break the break,” therefore it marks the breaking of the fast and staying away from all the evil habits.
Eid-ul-Fitr is celebrated after the end of Ramadan. I remember when my Pop told me all about Muslims and Islam. The Muslim family wakes up early in the morning, wear new clothes and pray to Allah to seek his blessings. Men of the family go to attend special prayers being held in Mosque, stadiums, arenas or vast grounds. The prayer is soon followed by the sermon.
Festivities of the day take place with families cooking special foods, visiting homes of their relatives, friends and associates just like a feast in Christians. On this day family members from children to adults spread the spirit of mirth and joy around by hugging each other.
It’s the time of year when we say adieu to Ramadan. Eid is upon us once again. (muslims would say!) Doors open to everyone while perfume fills the air. A time to see the ones we have not seen for a while. (unfortuntely, Pop can't afford to visit us now here in pinas, though love, hopes and dreams are shared thru chats and mails). Well, somehow we're just being thankful for all that exists in our lives and being generous to the ones that need it. I say Happy Eid” or as we say “Eid Mubarak” to everyone without exception. Just a couple of months now, I have learned to open my heart and mind to different people and cultures around me especially to my pop who embraces the islam for his spiritual journey for good. A special Eid Mubarak to him living abroad who cannot be home for Eid; we miss you, sending you wishes across the sea’s.
For my Papa.... Eid Mubarak!!!.عيدكم مبارك

0 , Read More
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you dropped by=)